Photo Credit Deborah Hartmann Brownstein
We are a new nonprofit organization and we need a logo!
Open call to all artists, aspiring artists, and dragon boating enthusiasts! We are looking for graphic design to use on our boat (coming soon!), merchandising, and website.
Visit our inspiration setion to learn more about our organization and requirements for entries.
How To Enter
Contest begins January 23rd, 2021. Please submit your logo design entries via email to email@example.com by April 3rd, 2021 @ 11:59PM EST.
Entry Fee: $20 donation
When entry fee donation is made via PayPal, you will receive a transaction ID #. This number needs to be included with the email that has the submission of artwork.
If you need help finding your ID # please contact us to see if we've received your donation, or we can help via email below.
*If you are unable to make a donation at this time, please email us to request an entry fee waiver. firstname.lastname@example.org
STEPS TO ENTER:
-Make donation via PayPal here ->
-Email your submission with PayPal ID# to:
We ask that you please use these guidelines when creating your submission:
- 1:1 ratio (it's hip to be square! we don't mind a circular logo, but make sure the overall design area is a square!)
- No more than 4 colors
- Please send in PNG JPG, or JIF file
- Keep in mind this logo will be used in a variety of places, BIG like our boat, and SMALL merchandising items like a hat.
How To Win
Voting will take place on our Facebook page. The top three entries will be submitted to our board to choose a winner.
The winning design will be announced on April 15th, 2021.
Prize: Your design will be used in all of our marketing, website, merchandise, on our boat, and more!
We will provide the winner with 2 t-shirts featuring their design, a $100 Amazon gift card, AND PRIZE MONEY (listed below)!
Split donations raised via contest:
50% -- Contest winner selected by the board
30% -- 2nd prize
20% -- 3rd prize
Good Luck to all that enter! Please share this contest with anyone you think may be interested. We greatly appreciate your time and support!
Are you new to dragon boating? Don't consider yourself to be an artist? No problem! We'd still love to see your creation. Here are some helpful resources you can check out to learn more about dragon boat, and our organization. This list of links will be updated, so please check back for more info.
Official contest rules
Logo Contest Official Rules: The object of this contest is to design a logo for the 502 Dragon Boat Community, Inc. (502 Dragon) located in Louisville, KY. 502 Dragon was formed in 2020 and aspires to be the flagship dragon boat club in Kentucky, fostering community, compassion, courtesy, competition, and courage through sport and teamwork.
1. Eligibility: This Contest is open only to individuals. The Contest is not open to companies, educational institutions, organizations, etc. or to groups associated with such institutions. Contest is open only to those who sign up at 502Dragons.org/Logo-Contest . The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Current Board Members of 502 Dragons and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Board Members are not eligible to participate in the Contest. (“Immediate family member” means a parent, grandparent, spouse, child, step child, father-in-law, mother-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, sibling, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, or grandparent.)
The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of 502 Dragons as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on January 23rd, 2021 @ 12:00PM EST and ending April 3rd, 2021 @ 11:59PM EST. All online entries must be received by April 15th, 2021 @ 11:59PM EST.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an email directly to 502Dragonboat.com for consideration and review as an official entry of the Contest. There is a $20 requested donation fee for entry into the Contest. (If you are unable to make a donation at this time, please email us to request an entry fee waiver at 502Dragonboat@gmail.com.) When your entry fee donation is made via PayPal, you will receive a transaction ID #. This number needs to be included with the email that has the submission of artwork.
The submission email must include: The submission email must include: the full name of the person who designed the logo, age, postal address, phone number, and email address of the individual submitting the entry. The deadline for entries is April 3rd, 2021 at 11:59PM EST. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 502 Dragons. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 502 Dragons. 502 Dragons will attempt to acknowledge all entries within one week of receipt; however, we cannot be responsible for entries or responses lost in email.
5. Submission Guidelines: The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for 502 Dragon Boat Community, Inc. The deadline for entries is April 3rd, 2021 at 11:59PM EST. The logo must be appropriate for a professional business setting. The logo will be used online, in print, and on merchandise. Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily and to look good in black and white as well as in color. It should be visually appealing on both small (as small as 2cm x 2cm) and large scales.
We ask that you please use these guidelines when creating your submission:
1:1 ratio (it's hip to be square! we don't mind a circular logo, but make sure the overall design area is a square!)
No more than 4 colors
Please send in PNG JPG, or JIF file
Keep in mind this logo will be used in a variety of places, BIG like our boat, and SMALL merchandising items like a hat.
This image should not be photographic (see below for information on graphic formats), Designer is welcome to submit no more than two (2) variants of the logo. We advise against the use of halftones and gradients unless created inside a vector graphics program. The limit on attachment sizes for our email is 10Mb. If your submission exceeds this size, even after compression, please send the images individually and note clearly in your emails that you are doing so.
6. Prizes: Subject to the legal requirements outlined above, the winning design will be announced on April 15th, 2021. The Winner(s) of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive a percentage of funds raised from Contest entry donations. Donations raised from the Contest will be split: 50% to Contest Winner plus $100 Amazon gift card, 2 T-Shirts featuring the winning design; 30% to 2nd prize, and 20% 3rd Contest finalists. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 502 Dragons to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Winnings will be presented to Winners in the form of a check.
7. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Winner Selection and Notification: Three finalists will be selected from the top entries as voted on at Facebook.com/502dragonboat by 502 Dragons. Entries will be judged on their visual appeal, adherence to the concept promoting the contest, quality of designs, and ease of reproduction for the purposes stated above. Winner will be notified by email and posted on 502 Dragons Facebook Page within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 502 Dragons shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 3 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. 502 Dragons reserves the right not to select a winner if, at its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received. 502 Dragons reserves the right to disqualify an Entrant or Entry at its sole discretion. No correspondence shall be entered into. The winner will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the logo to 502 Dragons. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER 502 DRAGON’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE Contest, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 502 Dragons], anyone acting on behalf of 502 Dragons, and 502 Dragon’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. All entries will become the sole property of 502 Dragons and may be used for any 502 Dragons purposes, including, but not limited to, display on website, business cards, letterhead, posters, and other materials. 502 Dragons shall have the right to adapt, edit, modify, or otherwise use the winning submission in part or in its entirety in whatever manner it deems appropriate. 502 Dragons reserves the right to choose not to use the winning entry as described in these contest guidelines. 502 Dragons reserves the right to use any other entry for promotional or business purposes in the future. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of 502 Dragons. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless 502 Dragons from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which 502 Dragons may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
10. Terms & Conditions: 502 Dragons reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 502 Dragon’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, 502 Dragons may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 502 Dragons. 502 Dragons reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 502 Dragons has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, 502 Dragons reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 502 Dragons and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: THIS Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND KENTUCKY, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in KENTUCKY having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, email your request to 502DragonBoat@gmail.com Requests must be received no later than [April 31st, 2021 11:59PM EST].
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is 502 Dragon Boat Community, Inc.,
15. Facebook: The Contest hosted by 502 Dragons is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. By submitting your logo design entry, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
Please contact us: email@example.com
Good luck, and thank you for your support!